Digimon World

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

UI Layout - How do we want it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LatchGameDev

PostSubject: UI Layout - How do we want it?   Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:54 am

So how will this UI work? I assume the buttons on the left are items, player, and digimon stats. But are we getting rid of the menu below?

If so then where will praise, scold, and sleep go? I kinda want both, as in redesign the old menu to have the honeycomb feel and when the player uses items, digimon info, or the player info the full screen menu will show up.

Also if the player wants to go to the player info or digimon info how would those screens look like?

This is the digimon info screen of Digimon World 1

Here is the player info screen

I got these off the net but i can get every menu screen from the game since i have the emulator.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vrayx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UI Layout - How do we want it?   Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:46 am

Katsu and i had a chat that the Praise and Scold buttons would be just keys when you press the start button. Let see what the rest of the team has to say about that. As for the old UI everything must go. Katsu Has not comleted his honeycomb project as far as i can tell but hopfully he can do that soon. Other then that i think the menu will work however it looks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dwprojectark.com
MrChronos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UI Layout - How do we want it?   Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:56 pm

I think scold, praise and sleep should be on the left column with the rest of the buttons.

I also think the background honeycomb screen shouldn't be visible while in game and we save that for the main menu or the settings.

Katsu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UI Layout - How do we want it?   Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:36 pm

There seems to be a lot of confusion around HoneyComb. It's probably my fault since i was never too specific. The buttons along the left are Items, Player, Digimon and Settings. These are CATEGORIES for every other button. For example. Items is just a category for the Inventory, Equiped and Extra buttons. Player is just a category for what hold the buttons Stats, Save and Load. These buttons are NOT set in stone.

The background in the sample image of HoneyComb is purely and always was purely used as a filler. The buttons will be overlayed over a frozen game screen.

The blue menu is extremely old and outdated. I'm surprised its still in the game. I guess its just because we needed something in there.

As far as those images you provided from DW1 are concerned, they will have their own counterparts within HoneyComb.

I will try to get everything made on HoneyComb so far committed, but remember it is only around 40% completed.

I hope i cleared up any confusion. Please dont hesitate to ask any more questions:)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UI Layout - How do we want it?   

Back to top Go down

UI Layout - How do we want it?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1